Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Poetry. About another tiny visitor.

Micro Spider Sibling. Sequel to Micro Spider.
By Paul Klusman

Tiny spider sibling
In the same spot
Lurking in my kitchen
A slightly larger dot

Than your spider sister
I set free days ago
Roaming in the wilderness
Outside the window below

Or was that perhaps a brother
Visiting the other day?
I didn't catch his name
Before he slipped away

So now I'll crack the window
Open so you may pass
Stay here in my house
Or hop down to the grass

To share with other spiders
Adventures you encounter
Or if you'd rather stay
To patrol my kitchen counter

I'll leave you to your choice
I must attend some chores
I'll neither bid you stay
Nor shoo you out of doors

- Time passes -

Back a few hours later
The day is near the end
I see you still remain
My tiny spider friend

To cast your great fortune
Wherever you may seek
Play amongst the ants
Who arrived the other week

Underneath the cabinets
Behind the coffee maker
Claim your spider kingdom
Beside the pepper shaker

I wish you good luck
Tiny spider number two
Welcome to my home
There's room enough for you



No comments:

Post a Comment