Sunday, April 11, 2021

Poetry. About a tiny visitor.

Micro Spider
By Paul Klusman

Little micro spider
On my countertop
Beside the salt and pepper
I pause now to stop

To capture in a picture
For all the world to see
This tiny little creature
Come to visit me

Smile now for the camera
Show us your best side
Barely more than a pixel
Than a grain of rice is wide

Now under a giant glass
Where whisky often goes
Slipping a piece of paper
Under your tiny toes

Then set you gently onto
The open window sill
Above the kitchen sink
Pausing there until

Over the edge you disappear
To the wilderness below
Where your fancy leads
Your tiny heart to go

Thank you for your greetings
In my kitchen here today
I wish you very well
To see you on your way

Much better out of doors
And may you find there soon
Tiny spider adventures
In the sunny afternoon



3 comments:

  1. Too funny, Paul!! I'm glad you saved her / him! Ii write poetry, too... how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely peom Paul, you should enter it in a contest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tender heart for this tiny creature.

    ReplyDelete