Saturday, June 26, 2021

Poetry. About my cat's duties.

Litter Box
By Paul Klusman

A scratching sound in another room
Where buried treasures live
A box of sand to receive the gifts
My cat pauses there to give

Serves as warning for all to heed
An odor for all to know
The type of smell truly up
With which I will not throw

For if I hold my lunch at bay
The better I come across
Whenever near that hallowed place
My cookies I shall not toss

But rather go with scoop in hand
And tightly hold my nose
With grit and determination
Remove what cat bestows

As partners in an endless dance
A ritual that we do
Cat shall lead and I follow
Number one and number two




2 comments:

  1. as unpleasant as cat poo is, it is a basket of daisies compared to the stench of dog poo. i am happy to clean litter boxes, considering the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a HEPA filter unit next to the litter box!

    ReplyDelete